Help Desk Technician
Help Desk Support Technician – Job Description
Under the direction of the Help Desk Manager, the Help Desk Support technician is responsible for assisting staff in reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating information technology systems operations. This position is responsible for the installation and maintenance of computer or computer-related equipment and components. This role will be primarily supporting employees onsite and remote. These tasks require a commitment to timely staff communications and world-class customer service skills. Both verbal and written communication skills are crucial to success in this position, both to technical teams and to non-technical staff. You must adhere to all established standards and guidelines within the organization and department.
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT Service Desk.
- Install, configure, and test new workstations, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Assist in maintaining inventory of all equipment, hardware and software licenses as changes occur.
- Manage PC setup and deployment for all employees using standard hardware, images, and software.
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.
- Write training manuals on used software and procedures or updating existing when needed.
- Train users on basic usage of workstations when needed.
- Manage the ticketing system within ConnectWise.
- Monitor, update and manage ticket queues to provide timely updates.
- Interface with multiple departments. Establish effective business relationships with all levels of management and staff
- Troubleshoot Hardware/software issues.
- Escalate issues to the appropriate resource. Follow-up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution.
- Maintain up to date and accurate timesheet reporting daily.
- Responsible for input/completion of personal/business objective goals on an annual basis
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory Users and Computers
- End-User/Client facing configuration of Office 365
- Strong logical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Real-world experience in working with and troubleshooting Windows 10
- Experience in troubleshooting hardware and OS issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Ability to determine User, laptop, Network, or Application problems
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Be comfortable training staff if needed on basic computer and software operations.
- Must be able to work independently and in a group setting
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Emphasis on task quality (be thorough, detail-oriented, responsible)
- An ability to work efficiently and effectively without sacrificing quality
- Strong communications skills and ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- A desire to continue to learn in the environment
- Linux experience/knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of ConnectWise Manage/Automate is a plus
Education, Certifications, Specialized Training:
Minimum of 1 to 2 years; computer science degree or proven proficient hands-on equivalent in experience and or education.
Physical, Travel and Other Job Specific Requirements:
- Extended and on-call hours required at times to support client requirements.
- Reliable transportation for traveling between offices
- Ability to climb under desks
ALL FOR GOOD
CMI/Compas was built on inclusion and diversity. It is in our DNA and core values. Challenging the norm is where we started and it’s what drives us as a health leader, indispensable partner, and home for our employees. We are a group of hearts and minds who want to make a difference and celebrate being different, to give voice to and truly hear our people and our partners. We believe in more than “all”. We believe in “all for good.”
CMI Media LLC and Compas, Inc., are an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
We will not accept resumes or candidate submittals from employment agencies or outside recruiters.Back to Current Openings