Senior Application Developer
Our core focus is building scalable web applications specifically in the area of analytics and promotional resource allocation. Our team allows our developers to work closely with analysts and influence their projects. We encourage team collaboration, agile methodology and a typical day can include project planning, product application design, and product development strategies. The Full Stack Developer will lead the advancement of our web based product solution platforms, including the creation and enhancement of custom web-based applications servicing the pharmaceutical and medical publishing industries.
The role will include contributing to the overall strategy, design and development of our internal and external product application architecture that manages and reports on digital and media planning information. A key responsibility will be to support new customer facing products including those that optimize marketing campaign decisions, leverage traditional marketing data, look to integrate evolving market intelligence and advanced data types such as unstructured large data sets.
• Product application architecture design and development
• Integration within an AWS cloud environment including Redshift
• Interact with the information development team and contribute to the development of CMI/Compas overall information architecture
• Identify, analyze and architect CMI/Compas strategic client deliverables
• Develop process requirements and implement product development and release processes
• Design, develop, and implement new web applications as well as provide support for existing applications.
• Translate complex business requirements to design specifications.
• Write code components of moderate to high complexity matching design specifications.
• Develop database code including queries, stored procedures and transaction processing
• Manage the deployment process and source code environment.
• Work in a team environment contributing to the ongoing development of best practices.
• Write functional specifications and technical specifications (e.g. class diagrams).
• Write and maintain software documentation.
• Develop requirement and implement validation, QC and data governance processes
• Take an active role in making CMI/Compas a better place by helping to hire great engineers, collaborating, leading, mentoring, and most importantly getting things done.
• Understand and make recommendations to front end applications Architecture in support of GUI/Analytics
• Research and make recommendations for product architecture improvements specifically in the area of modern dynamic analytics and modeling
Skills & Requirements:
• 5-10 years developing analytical and strategic decision applications and supporting modern visualizations with modeling capabilities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology.
• 7 or more years of experience in an Information Technology developer position.
• 5 or more years of experience in web application development.
• 3 or more years of experience with C#/ASP.NET. and Angular 2
• Solid knowledge of web application development including front-end page layout and design, business logic component development, data access component development, and SQL development.
• Solid knowledge of object oriented development
• Extensive knowledge of SQL Server 2005/2008, SQL Linq to Entities, ASP.NET 3.5+, JAVA and C#.
• Experience in creating Web Services.
• Experience developing in a Subversion or Visual Studio team environment with source control.
• Experience with Microsoft Reporting Services.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Excellent planning, organizing, decision-making, problem solving, and judgment skills.
• PHP a plus
• Excellent knowledge of databases (preferably SQL Server, MongoDB and Redshift)
• Working knowledge of AWS infrastructure and products such as RedShift, Data Pipes, ElastiCache is a major plus
• Must be able to work with internal and external clients in understanding their strategic needs and communicate in a business acumen
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Strong motivation to learn and grow