Manager/Developer, Information Architecture
The Manager/Developer is passionate about modern information development and supporting analytics application development. They will be building scalable web applications specifically in the area of analytics and will work closely with analysts, influencing their projects.
The team utilizes agile methodology and collaboration in all tasks, including project planning, architectural discussion, and pair coding. They will contribute to the overall strategy, design, and development of our internal and external information architecture including big and unstructured.
The Developer will also support customer-facing products that optimize campaign decisions, leverage traditional data, and integrate evolving market intelligence and advanced data types.
- Design and develop information architecture within an AWS Redshift environment
- Maintain databases from an ETL and DBA perspective
- Identify, analyze, and architect strategic data sets, and contribute to overall development, and maintain current databases from ETL perspective and DBA
- Create process requirements and implement data loading/update processes, requirement and implement validation, and QC and data governance processes
- Improve and follow standards and guidelines for all ETL design and development. This includes workflow architecture, naming conventions for source and targets, maps, sessions, and parameters
- Keep a finger on the pulse of trending open source and research techniques and tools
- Ability to program trading applications is a plus
- Recommend improvements and changes to front end applications Architecture in support of GUI/Analytics, as well as for Information architecture improvements specifically in the area of modern dynamic analytics and modeling
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- 5-10 years of experience developing analytics information architectures and supporting modern visualizations and or modeling capabilities
- Ability to understand the strategic needs of clients and relate potential strategies internally and externally
- Experience writing ETLs either using IDE or using code, using data quality and profiling tools, and an expert knowledge of relational databases (preferably SQL Server)
- Working knowledge of AWS infrastructure and products such as Python and Matillion (or related ETL products) and RedShift (working knowledge of MongoDB is a plus)
- Knowledge of dimensional data architecture concepts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills